[meteorite-list] MSNBC article about Carancas meteorite

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

Adam, a crater more than 40 feet across is not an
"impact pit".
Since we have not seen one before in the last 60
years, I would call it "Earth Shattering".
The meteorite is a chondrite, not the most exciting
thing to have fallen, but it has made just bout every
newspaper in the world, so you had better prepare your
delete finger for some more work.
Michael Farmer