[meteorite-list] RFS Picture of the Day - October 21, 2007

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:11:24 -0500

WOW !!!

What a cargo of pure beauty! It appears to even have hips? We heard rumors
of a "300 pounder" being found up in there, and finally the wonderful chance
to see it on RFS POD !!! It was also tempting not to post a question to
the list about this, but not to spoil the meteorite hunter's hard earned
right to for that moment we are all witnessing right now when the discovery
is ready for bright Sunlight!!!

After some first hand experience searching the strewn field, hat's off to
Michael Miller and his hands-solo winch-contrapted meteorite recovery
vehicle. Such a large mass is no joke to haul out, yet alone, overland. I
wouldn't say Mike is right up there with the modern day hunters, Herman -
I'd say the whole gang is now on the run :-). If you don't believe me, you
are invited to Glorieta anytime for some first hand blisters!

Best wishes and Happy Hunting,
Doug