[meteorite-list] Microscope focus software

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:42:47 -0400

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:41:44 -0700, you wrote:

>Darren, Bernd, and List,
>
>I believe Matteo used Helicon Focus. There are others, too. Somewhere out
>there there is a good comparison of several.

Just starting to play with the trial version of Helicon Focus. Pretty powerful
software-- it even tries to correct for the images not being centered exactly
the same every time. Here's a couple of the first results:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/sartov_chondrules.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/sartov_chondrules_2.jpg

From a vial of loose Sartov chondrules, fragments, and dust that I have.