[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P], continued

From: Mark Langenfeld <mlangen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:13:04 -0500

A much bigger object tonight than our last clear skies here two nights ago,
but a bit more diffuse and the yellow/orange color slightly less evident.
Still, it was a spectacular sight with a 32 mm eyepiece in my 8" SCT (62X),
with its distinctly stellar, point-like condensation in the center and the
bright, denser area of the coma offset to the SSW still evident. And it
remains an easy find for the naked eye.

What a remarkable object! It will be fascinating to follow its changes day
by day.

Mark