[meteorite-list] mali meteorite hunter killled in a car accident.

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:25:09 +0100

Mike Farmer's utmost interesting list-reports are perfect examples to make
evident: meteorite hunting is a thrilling as well as - at least sometimes -
dangerous activity.

Now Aziz Habibi tells us that Algerian meteorite hunter Ouled Bleila died on
his way back from the desert, back from hunting for the new fall,
obviously - thank you, Aziz, for letting us know.

This tragedy makes clear, in an expressively general sense, how crazy it is
to overweight differences between people. Of course differences exist,
they're necessary on a certain level. But far more important is what each
person of this list shares with each other: the passion for the stones
which, having passed through space for an eternity, fall down on this tiny
planet and, in some cases, finally reach our very, very mortal hands.
Perhaps it's good from time to time to contemplate this fact.

I didn't know Ouled Bleila personally. It's even the first time this evening
that I read his name. May he rest in peace and blessed.

Matthias Baermann