[meteorite-list] ORIENTED SIKOTE-ALIN

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

That isn't what I asked, and for the record I did say it was an
attractive specimen.

I asked you, Steve how it was "oriented"?-- not who said it was
oriented. I'd like to be the judge on that based on your
description/defense of your claim. I am still waiting for you to
describe what features of this specimen qualify as evidence of
"orientation". You have been a collector for nearly 10 years, surely
you have absorbed some casual knowledge by just being here.

Is is an established fact that some people selling meteorites will take
liberties with terminology if it will garner them extra attention and
inflate the sales price. I've noticed a couple of wannabe dealers yet
on eBay taking said exaggerations to new levels of subterfuge and we
collectively sit by and allow them to do so. NWA's with a weathering
grade of W4 nor Canyon Diablo , or Odessa, or any other highly
terrestrialized iron --read that "rusty" have "fusion crust". A few
regmaglypts do not orientation make. Otherwise I would be justified in
claiming that all my meteorites are oriented including my slices. After
all, under your standards, it is all subjective and to each their own.

So when you get it in hand please post some photos and a description of
those orientation features.

Elton