[meteorite-list] Vesti La Juba

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:01:25 -0400

The weather anomoly in New England which allowed unsurpassed observation of
Vesta's swift passage through Scorpio close enough to the planet Jupiter and
her[his][its] moons to make an amateur like me, to jaw drop in awe, had run
its course yesterday, closing the skies with drapes of stratus clouds
negating my continuous documentation of this event.
But there a saying here in New England that goes something like this, "if
you don't like the weather, wait a minute". And so tonight, the skies resume
there crystal clarity and I get to go out and play.
No bugs to deal with, relatively dark skies and mild temperatures,
unbelievalbe, extrodinary. I know I'm blessed.
Also observed were some few erratic meteors, nothing that exciting, but
there's always the possibility.
So to my fellow List members adieu[sp] good noct[sp]. I wish you all a happy
howardite, enjoyable eucrite, and down and dirty dioginite.
Jerry Flaherty