[meteorite-list] QMIG UPDATE

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:06:25 +1000

Listoids

Holey Phuck BATMAN

An update to the Queensland Meteorites Interest Group (QMIG) webpage
www.qmig.org

I've put up pages for the seven new finds from the Tenham strenfield incl
pictures of the specimens and thin-sections

I know that my Lake Machattie 2 may turn out to be a known Lake Machattie
and if so I will eat humble pie and edit this page...

Still a bit to do - have to edit the sales and new finds page and do a bit
of a tidy up when I feel motivated... I also have more thin-section pictures
to upload but one of these days

News page gives a better idea of status future plans etc... I do need your
help to purchase some Whitula Creek and Wynella - please reply to me
off-list if you can assist - there aint much left I need to publish a
pocket-guide on Queensland meteorites with a particular focus on
thin-sections - I know I'm not gonna make a profit publishing but who cares

I have to ask a favour - can everybody email UQ Geoscience
(earthsci at earth.uq.edu.au) and ask the Honorary Curator of the UQ Geoscience
Museum to email me so I can finalise lodgement of type-specimens and finally
get the chondrites thru nomenclature - your help would be greatly
appreciated... lord knows I have tried to contact him but where my eails and
telephone calls ahve got to well who knows ?

Cheers