[meteorite-list] Mars rovers

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:45:40 -0500

Hi, All,

    The original "design lifetime" of the Rovers
was 90 days. It was, however, hoped and even
expected that they would last two to four "lifetimes."
The "design" lifetime is, in effect, the length of the
warranty, the period of maximum assurance of
full function. But few would have been willing to
predict they would be effectively functional in their
thirteenth "lifetime"!
http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article.php?a_id=111921

Sterling K. Webb