[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey Finds Possible Cave Skylights onMars

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:29:33 -0400

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:18:35 -0600, you wrote:

>Darren,
>
>What we are talking about here are most likely lava tubes. These cave like
>structures can run for miles and be quite large and complicated. When the
>surface is too near, the tube collapses, creating windows, or if you are in
>the cave, skylights. Relax, this is a perfectly good description.

No, it is a bad description if you DON'T want to hand-feed the nutjobs. Mark my
words, the idea that "windows" and "skylights" from underground buildings have
been discovered on Mars will within days become established in conspiracy nut
circles and will be thrown in our faces for decades to come. Just like the
statement that the moon "rang like a bell" is now standard "evidence" that the
moon is a hollow space station

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=moon+is+hollow+%22rang+like+a+bell%22

That "windows" and "skylights" statement showed about the same amount of thought
on the impact as Dubbyah used when he called the WoT a "crusade".