[meteorite-list] Fwd: 1, 400-pound Pallasite Meteorite Goes On Auction

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:26:26 -0400

as the following is now circulating outside of steve's hometown,
please note the writer was informed that steve's oriented brenham is
the largest available intact pallasite and the largest oriented
pallasite known to exist. it was also mentioned that steve's
meteorite, as everyone on this list is well aware, would be a
centerpiece at any of the foremost natural history museums. only when
i said goodbye to this fellow, after several minutes of answering
questions, did i make any mention of homeboys ringing bells.

shame on me.

all best/ darryl

p.s. the sale on october 28th features several lots without
reserves, which is to say that according to the laws of the state of
new york specimens of siena, ensisheim, weston, tatahouine and canyon
diablo--among others--will sell for as little as the market bears.

the first contemporary auction to offer a collection of meteorites
was in 1995 as part of phillips' first natural history auction. the
offering in which steve's meteorite is featured is the first auction
devoted to meteorites by a traditional auction house, and will
hopefully prove worthy of such a benchmark.

d.

Depth of Field Management
1501 Broadway Suite 1304
New York, New York 10036