[meteorite-list] Congratulation to Tom Phillips!

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:31:57 -0700

Paul posted:

> Tom Phillips is one of 3 winners of the Carl Zeiss Contest MicroImages
> 2007
> http://www.zeiss.de/c12567be0045acf1/Contents-Frame/
> d6ea562032304237c1257361003284f4

Dear Tom:

That is a most impressive achievement, congratulations to you, and very
well deserved for your groundbreaking photography work.

All you fellow photographers will know that Zeiss is one of the great
lens manufacturers in history, and I'm sure they're not easily
impressed : ) My little Yashica T4 automatic pocket cameras appear as
ordinary as can be, but that model is often described as "the best
point-and-shoot ever made." It has taken some of my favorite images,
and I'm sure it's due almost entirely to the Zeiss lens.

Example: http://www.aerolite.org/expeditions/siberia-river.htm

Anyway, if any of you are not yet familiar with Tom's work, one of his
beautiful images can be seen on the cover of Kevin Kichinka's book "The
Art of Collecting Meteorites":

http://www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com

And also on meteorite.com:

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/