[meteorite-list] Fw: New Lunar Available-2

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:02:07 -0700

Hello All,
I've been asked to tell you that there are new pictures up on Mbark's
page - here's the url:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13122286 at N04/

I'd just like to add that, at the moment, Mbark's posted prices are
~1/2 that of what other dealers are asking - for nearly identical, if
not more weathered material...$350-500/g for a monzogabbro when more
typical lunars go for ~$600/g at low prices is simply cheap...

Contact Mbark Ait Lkaid at mbarkaitlkaid at yahoo.fr for more information.

Original message with weights below:
---
Hello All,
I'd like to introduce myself.  My name is Mbark Ait Lkaid, and I am a
well-known meteorite dealer from Rissani, Morocco.  I was the source
of many of the important meteorites that you have come to see grace
the meteorite market over the past several months, namely the renowned
NWA 4483, and today I'd like to announce that I have another very
special meteorite available for collectors: the Lunar Monzogabbro NWA
4734.  I own the main mass, and, am making it available to all of you
on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Here's a copy of the scientific abstract:
Proposed Name    NWA  4734
Geographic Coordinates:  Undisclosed.
Erfoud, Morocco
Find : October, 2006
Major classification group) Achondrite (Lunar monzogabbro)
History:  bought from nomads in Erfoud ( Morocco ) in October 2006 and
February 2007.
Physical characteristics:  One complete crusted stone freshly broken
into several pieces for a TKW of 1439 g . Dull black/brown fusion
crust. It is a light gray, coarse grained, pristine magmatic rock
consisting of millimetric phenocrysts mainly of pyroxene and
plagioclase. The few patches where crust is missing are light tanned.
Petrography:  A. Jambon, O. Boudouma and D. Badia. UPVI .
The texture is best described as shergottitic like. Pyroxene are
highly fractured while plagioclase laths, partly transformed to
maskelynite, are only affected by a small number of fractures. Silica
and silica-feldspar glass are minor components. A few impact melt
patches underline the similarity with shergottites further. Ilmenite,
baddeleyite, zirconolite, tranquilityite, pyrrhotite and metal.
Fayalite associated with silica probably results from the dissociation
of iron rich pyroxene. Minor terrestrial alteration.
Mode  (vol %): Cpx 50, Plagioclase + Kspar 32,  silica + glass 7.5,
opaques (ilmenite, Ti-magnetite, pyrrhotite) + fayalite 7, voids +
fractures 3.
Geochemistry: Mineralogy by EMP and SEM.(Trace -ICP-MS-  and major
-ICP-AES- element analyses, J-A Barrat UBO).
Pyroxene exhibit a complex zoning from En65Fs21Wo13 to En2Fs83Wo15
with a FeO/MnO of 78 on the average. A few compositions correspond to
pyroxferroite. Plagioclase is normally zoned from An 91 to An 75 with
a sharp rim. Average composition An 89. Fayalite (Fa 80 to 95).
Chondrite normalized REE pattern with an enrichment of 53 (La) to 40
(Yb). Trace element pattern with negative anomalies of Sr and Eu.
Interstitial glass high in silica (75%) containing microcrysts of K
feldspar with a significant celsian component.
Classification:  According to the grain size, the texture, the
plagioclase composition, the core composition of pyroxenes, the
FeO/MnO ratio in pyroxene and the chemical identity with lunar
basalts, it is classified as a highly shocked lunar gabbro (Mare
basalt).
Type specimens: A total of 20 g of sample and one polished section is
on deposit at UPVI.
Stefan Ralew, Siriusstrasse 19, 12524 Berlin, Germany : 19.6g, 14.1g,10.8g
Aziz Habibi, Palm's hotel, Erfoud, Morocco : 409g, 68 g .
Mbarek Ait Elkaid, Rissani , Morocco 895g (one large piece and about
ten subsidiary pieces and a few smaller fragments).
-----
Here is a list of available specimens:
1_____443.2gr
2_____202  gr
3_____49.1gr
4_____46.1gr
5_____32.7gr
6_____24.8gr
7_____22.9gr
8_____12.6gr
9_____11gr
10____8.3gr
11____12.6gr (small fragments)
Here are pictures of all of the specimens:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13122286 at N04/
For prices, email:
mbarkaitlkaid at yahoo.fr
Kind Regards.