[meteorite-list] Waaay OT make a small really small fortune

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:28:46 -0400

Last week at my local gun club, a fella asked if the Tacoma in the parking
lot belonged to me. I said yes, expecting to be asked to move it or
something.
He then asked what year it was. Now I thought he maybe gona want ta buy it.
I told him it was a "97".
"Well", he said, "it falls under the recall. Tacoma frames from 1995 to 2000
was primed with a faulty primer. They be rustin from the inside out.
All you gota do is bring it inta any Toyota dealer. They'll put it on a
lift, smack it with a hammer and poof!
Iffin that thar hammer goes thru, well you can sign a waiver and drive on
outa there with yer old truck OR
you can accept a check for the RETAIL value + 1/2 and they'll even put you
in a rental for 30 days for your inconvenience.
Any doubt what I did?
I paid $5000 for that truck a little over a year ago, through another $1000+
at it to keep it running good
Toyota is sending me a check for $11785 and I'm crusin around in a 2008 Rav4
for the next 30 days which is pissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truth be told. If you know anyone with a 1995-2000 Tacoma OR if you can get
your hands on one, smack it upside the frame and hope it pokes a hole in it.
If it does get on over to your local Toyota dealership and collect $'s
before you pass GO! Make sure it fails the hammer test before you part with
any cash cause only 800000+ vehicles are suspect.
Happy Huntin [a great way to fund some meteorite adventures]
Jerry Flaherty