[meteorite-list] Ensisheim in collection

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:28:28 +0200

Hi Dave and all,

Go ahead Dave with your sale and good luck!

But this is the opportunity for me to ask all of you, folks, who may have
Ensisheim meteorite(s) in collection since...recently, or who got rid of
their Ensi samples recently....to try to remember what changed and send me
your new compilation of what you still have right now as Ensi in collection.

You know that I am being building that list involving all Ensi fragments,
slices, individuals (???) that sit in private, public...collections.
I stopped that compilation on Nov 12, 2007 (btw: almost 515 years after its
fall...) as I did not receive more data or news from anyone since.

Obviously, many Ensi samples had changed owners since then, with all these
comings, goings, improvings, updatings, upgradings, tradings, E-bay or
auction dealings ...

Taking example of Dave, his 1 g slice was not even mentioned in my list.
And I believe that, within a few hours, it will be elsewhere...where ?

Yes, I know all this logically characterizes our collecting tastes or
behaviors.
But this also logically results in a severe outdating of my compilation list.

I then decided, certainly not to give up this tricky task but rather to
make a new call for Ensi sample repositories, so as to at least try to
maintain such a compilation, if not up to date, at least closer to the reality.

To simplify, I'd be glad if at least those who do figure on my list could
tell me if some changes occurred since, say 6 months (or 1 year).
The same for the new owners of this so significant meteorite.
As for dealers (Anne as a typical example ?), I am aware this can be a more
complicated task as their business might be running more fluently,
but...can you try?

NB: I have no site to include the compilation list as it is now and send it
on request. If someone is volunteering to add it on his site, too good, let
me just know! The list can also be included in "Ensisheim-ville" site, but
it can take some more time.

Thanks to all and I'll keep you informed on the (new) progress of the
compilation.

---------------------
NB: Speaking about Ensisheim (show, not meteorite), the new circular (very
delayed this year) is almost ready to be either sent on request or to be
included on our city site. Also, in between, feel free to request the
advertisement sheet (shorter version), that is available.
Just as a reminder, the dates are June 20-22, again on the week-end
preceding Ste Marie show.

Also: I have many new people asking for tables. I'd like to urge our
current dealers to make (confirm) their reservations from now on. I will
also soon acknowledge the recent demands.

Thanks for collaboration & best wishes!

Zelimir

A 17:33 03/04/2008 +0100, Dave Harris a ?crit :