[meteorite-list] Erg Chech / Mali

From: Dr. Svend Buhl <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:57:34 +0200

Dear Jeff, others,

The analysis and classification of the Chergach meteorite was completed in
February and the Swiss lab submitted the results to the NomCom of the
MetSoc. Radionuclid measurements have confirmed that it is a fall different
from Bassikounou and more recent, which backs up the finder's reports on the
time of the fall. I may also say that I submitted samples of the common
lithology as well as impact melt breccia samples and that the lab studied
both lithologies. Because the data has no officcial status yet and the
NomCom has yet to approve them I can not publish the complete write up at
the moment, but I am sure we will see Chergach in the MetBul database soon.

Cheers

Svend