[meteorite-list] New Martian NWA 4925

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2008 14:16:26 UT

Hello List,

When I came home from school today, I was pleased to see my 0.894-gram
basaltic shergottite NWA 4925 from Chladni's Heirs had arrived. What a
gorgeous, crystalline beauty from our "orange" neighbor. Have you ever
heard about those weird, orange inclusions in the ALH 84001 pyroxenite?
NWA has a similar feature: large, orange blebs that are up to 1.5 millimeter
in diameter set in a conspicuous crystalline matrix of pyroxene and maskelynite.

If you should think it is similar to DaG 476, you are wrong. The latter is much
finer-grained, less crystalline and more like a gun-metal gray, terrestrial basalt.

NWA 4925 is beautiful beyond compare!!!

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa4925.html

Cheers,

Bernd