[meteorite-list] "How Do You Know It's A Meteorite"?----Round Two

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:45:48 -0600

I liked Mark Ford's response to this question, but even an educated
response like that most likely wouldn't have swayed the guy who asked
me that question last. To my suggesting the suspect rock I was
showing him might be a meteorite and telling him the probable age of
it, his reply was real close to, "Oh that is BS. The earth is only
5,000 years old you know. " : )
Needless to say, we don't discuss the topic nowadays. He wins, hands
down. His reply caught me so far off guard that I couldn't even
think of something to say in response back to it. After about 3 or 4
minutes I realized my mouth was still hanging open.

Mike