[meteorite-list] original Ensisheim

From: Philippe Thomas <thomasmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:02:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Dave,

I suppose that you speak about the broadsheet of Sebastian Brant.
This broadsheet was reproduced in numerous publications. The oldest book which we have in our library with the reproduction of the broadsheet dates 1915.
Often we see only the woodcut illustrating the event and often in black and white.
The original is in library of the university of Basel and will be again reproduced in our next book to seem in some months treating in detail all the French falls since Ensisheim up to Lan?on.
Here, you can see the woodcut in color: http://www.meteoritica.com/ensisheim_sale.html

Best wishes,
Philippe & L?a
METEORITICA
http://www.meteoritica.com/

Hi
I was wondering where the orginal woodcut of the Ensi fall was actually reproduced? Was it a publication?
Any knowledge on the original source?!

thanks

dave
IMCA #0092