[meteorite-list] Re-2: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - April 10, 2008

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:48:22 -0600

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for corrected correction.

I remember talking to Richard a few years ago about a couple picture /
caption issues in RFS, and I recall him saying something about the
proofs from the publisher do not have the pictures embedded in them so
all he can do is check the text of the pic without knowing for sure
what pic will end up above the caption.

Mislabeled pics, sideways pics and upsidedown pics are not rare in
meteorite pubs. But either way, I think the system is better than
having the captions many pages away and in need of a cross-reference
to a plate and page number just to identify what's in the pic (ala
Nininger).

Cheers,

Martin