[meteorite-list] Sikhote Alin Help

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:09:24 -0400

Greetings,

First thanks for all your comments so far. I didn't mean to make this
such a slippery slope issue but rather just a ball park idea of what
most people think such a specimen is worth on a retail market. I agree
it is had to make such an assessment without seeing the item first.

On a popular website that sell sikhote Alins, there is a 12,500 kg
specimen that is very similar to the one I mention. Asking price for
that piece is $18,000. So I can assume that a 20 kg specimen might be
worth $25,000 to $29,000 if it is equally ascetically pleasing to the
eye. Or is that too high a price??

--AL Mitterling