[meteorite-list] NWA 4925 Martian

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:50:27 +0100

Hi Folks,
Well, Mr Postman has just called and delivered unto me my fantastic 1.234g
absolutely perfectly prepared slice of NWA 4925, the new Shergottite from
Martin and Stefan.
I don't, if ever, rave about my new additions to my collection but this has
to be "bigged up" as we say in our 'hood (sorry something's must have come
over me....excitement I think!)

This is a most beautiful meteorite indeed - apart from the fact that it is
the largest of any of the Martians or Lunars in my collection, a veritable
paving slab indeed, the colourings within this rock is a sight to behold!
As much as I love Zagami, it is relatively featureless to look at, but this
new NWA is a kaleidoscope!

Polished to perfection, this will take pride of place in my collection. I
really can only start to appreciate the efforts required by ALL of you
meteorite finders and the fact that due to your efforts, li'l ol' me can
actually have a piece of the planet Mars in my lounge!

It can sometimes take a piece of rock like this to make one stand back and
TRULY appreciate what it ACTUALLY is...I can physically hold a piece of rock
from another World. I know I am stating the obvious, but I am a little over
excited! No matter how long I have been collecting space rocks, sometimes it
takes a piece of this rarity to know that it is a tribute to all of you hard
working folks who find this material, analyse it, learn from it and that I
can have the privelege of owning a piece of Mars, for real!

Yep, I'm raving I know that but dammit! I'm really excited! I look forward
to doing school talks and wielding this piece and talking them through it.

So, if you do not have any of this particular NWA - then get onto Martin
Altmann or Stefan Ralew NOW and buy some! Look at the prices! Would you
have ever believed that one could get a Martian specimen for less than $1000
per gram?!!

Martin & Stefan - I truly truly appreciate the specimen more than you will
ever know.

I am blown away.

I am going to sign off now - I need a lie-down with my Martian!

Best regards,

Dave
IMCA #0092
Sec. BIMS