[meteorite-list] It was intuition ? OK ?

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:13:54 -0400

Moni & All,
Thanks for your comments, Moni. IF MY COMMENTS HAVE IN ANY WAY SUGGESTED
THAT ALL NON-IMCA SELLERS ARE SHADY, THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY IN NO
WAY THE INTENDED INFERENCE ON MY PART! Many such dealers are friends of
mine, and for whatever reason (s) I have acquired most of my collection
outside of IMCA dealers. I am only a collector (not a dealer), but I trade
or sell excess material from time to time and believe that even considering
my IMCA membership (# 5967) that they carry much, much greater clout and
presence of reputation than do I. The Gemological Institute of America
(GIA) has become so significant that, for all intents and purposes, it is
impossible for a dealer to trade domestically in, say, diamonds without
being a member of the same. IMCA does not have that clout yet, and it is no
shortcoming or discredit to them that this is the case because IMCA is so
much younger an organization. Perhaps matters such as these -- and their
All best, Moni,
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com