[meteorite-list] The Bob Evans Lawsuit

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:24:49 -0400

Walter & All,
Agreed, though "nice" might easily be taken to include "with integrity." As
it stands today, McCartney is correct to say "good luck proving that
[so-and-so] had prior knowledge they were selling NWA junk" as something of
significant provenance. Again, were IMCA to establish enough power over
time by virtue of the value of their authority, they would be able to deny
membership to sellers who could not or would not provide proper evidence of
provenance for certain types of specimens. Maybe a pipe dream, maybe not.
But "playing nice," it seems to me, does not include sitting on the
sidelines only to watch something which may be detrimental to this field
unfold (and for which apparently zero counter-evidence has been provided
after repeated requests) without question by SOMEone or SOME body of
authority. Of course this is just one guy's opinion...
Dave