[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 26, 2008 /Ques

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:58:02 -0400

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:48:30 -0600, you wrote:

>If it indirectly hit a person after directly hitting a tree, I don't
>consider that a hammer. Maybe we can differentiate between the two, like
>"direct hammer" and "indirect hammer" or "primary hammer" and "secondary
>hammer"?

Maybe we could call it a "whammer" or a "slammer". Or maybe a "dammer" after
what one might cry out immediately after being hit by one.

>Is there are real (accepted) definition of a hammer?

Isn't it just a term that MLB (no, not Major League Baseball!) made up that was
picked up by the list? Just a term that will only be known by a small "in
crowd", and not have an official or technical definition? Sort of like "Bessey
Speck"?