[meteorite-list] Request: Review of the book - Tektites in theGeological Record

From: James Tobin <jimmypaul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:12:05 -0800

Hi Pat,
It has been several years ago now but, when the book first was coming out I
did a review of it in Meteorite Magazine. A quick summary of the review
would be that it is a pricey book that has a lot of new information about
tektites and a good amount of new material not really easy to find elsewhere
on recent microtektites and clinopyroxene spherules discoveries. There were
a few minor things I noted that were off track but it is a good book. Though
as you noted you have to really love tektites if the price is now $130 for
it. Wish I knew what issue of Meteorite the review was in but maybe I can
find it on my hard drive and send you a copy. Or maybe one of our list
friends can give us all the issue info.

Best regards, Jim Tobin
Two messages in a couple weeks I just got to go back to lurking. :-)