[meteorite-list] Posting sources

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:49:41 -0400

Matt & List,
This is the opinion of only one collector, but your suggestion is something
that would work (and has worked) perfectly fine for me. Martin's dilemma is
a good point, however, and it may be mitigated but not completely disappear
under your format. Most sophisticated industries -- which this one is not
yet -- operate under wholesale and retail pricing strategies, but the high
level of dealer-to-dealer trading in this business as it exists today may
present some initial challenges. A good bit of trading takes place in the
world of meteorites whereby a dealer's reputation stands as evidence enough
to back up a purchase decision, and with the benefit of hindsight I've
acquired pieces with only this information in some cases. Nothing of
significance, however, and that will continue to be the case going forward.
This should produce an interesting thread as well...
Best,
Dave