[meteorite-list] Posting sources

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:22:31 -0400

Sounds like a good solution Matt.

I would not want my name published on a website that I provide consignments
if I did that sort of thing. If I was a buyer and saw that dealer A had a
specimen acquired from dealer B, I would just contact dealer B and see if
they had any more and eliminate dealer A's mark up.

Would anyone expect Marting to reveal his source for his new Martian
Meteorite? Or Adam for NWA 5000? I would bet that they will not reveal
their planetary sources any quicker than I will.

Provenance, in my opinion, exists where old labels accompany the specimen,
or it came from a museum or famous old collector of yesteryear.

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com