[meteorite-list] New Italian Customs Policy

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:13:02 -0400

Dear List Members,

Italian customs has adopted a new policy for accepting foreign packages.
They no longer will accept parcels unless a "detailed" description on
Customs Form CN 22 (the small green form) is written in "French or in
another language, comprehensible in the destination country". Here is a link
to the form letter I received with a returned package. The contents,
including meteorite ID card were inspected and all returned intact.

http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/italy-customs-form/italycustomsform.jpg

Due to this new Italian policy, I will no longer ship to Italy. I will
cancel any eBay bids from Italian bidders. I do not speak French or Italian,
and certainly can not write in those languages. If we have to write a
detailed listing of the contents instead on requested "Mineral Sample For
Study" then this opens the doors even wider for customs thefts. I apologize
to my Italian customers for this new forced policy.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection