[meteorite-list] Pronouncing Willamette and other meteorite names

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:07:01 -0600

If you are from Oregon this is probably no big surprise... According
to one of the native Willamette residents, Willamette is not
pronounced will-a-mette, at least not by her anyway, and not
according to the the dictionary either. Totally unbeknownst to
hayseeds like myself, it is actually pronounced wi-lam-it, or you can
write that with the ligature ae in place of the a. My
confession...Besides having a difficult time with Allende for some
time, I had the name Willamette wrong too. This makes me wonder what
other meteorites names I am mispronouncing.

Okay, I give up, who can help me with Berduc?

Mike in CO