[meteorite-list] Pronouncing Willamette and other meteorite names

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:08:33 EDT

Hello Larry and List,

Obviously, you are talking about the Ensisheim Show, and I pronince the name
the way that looks most likely to me, something like En-zi-sheim. But mybe
you should ask the local people since yes, the area has changed nationality
repeatedly thru the centuries. Maybe Zelimir can help.

But I can help you with Orgueil, or L'Aigle.
And many names are easy to pronounce if you break them down, something like:
Mill-bill-hill-lie.or Ta-fa-ssa-sset.
Nothing to it!!!

BTW: Anyone of you in the Denver area this weekend? we have a nice,
relatively important Show at the Holiday Inn. Go here for details:
_http://www.mzexpos.com/colorado_spring.htm_ (http://www.mzexpos.com/colorado_spring.htm)

See you there, maybe.

Anne M. Black
_www.IMPACTIKA.com_ (http://www.IMPACTIKA.com)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President of IMCA Inc.
_www.IMCA.cc_ (http://www.IMCA.cc)

In a message dated 4/23/2008 9:38:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,