[meteorite-list] Steve Arnold's Famous Reverse Auction

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

See what I am getting at? It is a stupid idea, done to
fool people into bidding on things and no one has an
idea what the hell is going on. I remember another
disastrous auction like that in Tucson last year,
there was no repeat this year thank god.
Wanna have a sale, then put the meteorites on eBay,
let buyers see who wants it the most. Easy, legal, and
no scams can take place. High bidder gets the worm.
I just think these types of things are like a county
carnival, where carnies show you the big stuffed
animal you can win for your lady, only by throwing a
ball through that hole, except what you don't know is
that you have to do it a hundred times to get that
stupid toy, and you could just buy the damn thing for
1o% of what you eventually put into trying to win it.
Just my opinion, which is what Steve asked for.
Michael Farmer