[meteorite-list] meteorite pronunciation for Meteorite

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:56:32 +0200

OK Larry, if you feel that this should at least be tried, I am volunteering
for the French. Will try with the phonetics suggested in Wikipedia
(Darren's former post and links)

But you also suggested me (earlier in a private mail) to add the
corresponding pics (of the meteorites "so phonetized") so that would nicely
illustrate the article.
If this still holds, I'd prefer here the pics be in color, if you can afford.
We could make a try....

I suppose that if each of us (= the 6 experts you suggest) selects up to 5
meteorites, this could yield a nice funny report!
I know that Dirk Ross can consider Japanese and (later) Chinese meteorites
as well!
That, along with pics, would provide you reports for the 50 years to come!

Well, perhaps we first need to read a few pertinent suggestions/comments
from the listees before we start (= "you start" as "coordinator"!)

Zelimir

A 14:31 30/04/2008 -0700, lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu a ?crit :