[meteorite-list] ET phone Nome...

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 15:16:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi Sterling:

Short of there being images of a bug crossing in from of the lander, any
observation is likely to be open to interpretation. Life has been
"detected" twice on Mars, Viking and ALH84001. Knowing Peter Smith (I do
not know the MECA team), I would assume that they would want to be a
little on the cautious side before saying that they found signs of life,
like doing the experiment a second time and hoping for a duplicate result.

Larry