[meteorite-list] How to Polish Stoney Meteorites?

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:44:11 -0400

Hi, Tom,

I don't think that your site is a secret http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery
;) I think it's safe to say your images are unique in this quadrant of our galaxy.
I have all your pics rotating through my "Gadgets" on my laptop MS Visa.

Thank you for sharing your polishing methods! I see where I was going wrong - mainly my impatience.

> Is the felt pad spinning at about the same speed as the finer grit discs?

> Is the felt on top of material with some give, or on a solid backing?

> Which five grit discs are you using?

Unfortunately, the Meteorite Magazine article isn't available online, and there doesn't appear to be an online-viewing subscription.

Thanks again, and I'm sure your post will be referred to many times in the future.

Best,
Pete