[meteorite-list] Ruben Garcia reports: "Glorieta, not hunting allo wed..."

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 04:41:17 GMT

Did I name anyone?

I know facts regarding what transpired out at Glorieta and at other sites.

I will simply say that lines were crossed that I would never have, or thought of crossing.

Wishing all meteorite hunters the best&#8230;

Steve Schoner
IMCA #4470

-- "Mike Miller" <meteoritefinder at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Steve I am guessing you are referring to me in this post

"Trashing the land with ATV's? I think that recent photos reveals at
least one that has done it rather blantantly."

 Now if you have a little time and read my story of finding the main
mass you would know that the quad was not involved in the hunt it was
only involved in the recovery. I am sure you with your amazing ability
to hunt while hovering above the ground as to not disturb anything is
quite unique and I am sure no one but you could have harnessed the
power of a flock of spotted owls to safely fly out a 300 pound iron. I
on the other hand did use a quad to to get this 300 pounder out I was
just not smart enough to figure out another way. I rode into the area
using roads designed for cars and cut by bulldozers (little late to
worry about ruining the landscape with my quad tracks) then to within
150 yards using an old wagon trail, then the trail disapeared.

Oh yea Steve I did bury the hole and you wont find any trash in the
area either, weather it was mine or not I carry it back out with me.
So yes I have ridden a quad in the mountains north of Santa Fe New
Mexico, but I take offense that just because I was there that you
assume it was me doing the damage. Steve you have actually hunted the
Glorieta with me do you recall following me around and picking up my
empty water bottles? Or was I destroying anything with my quad when
you actually saw me there? Please keep your opinion to your self
unless you know and have seen me doing something wrong.

--
Mike Miller 230 Greenway Dr. Kingman Az 86401
www.meteoritefinder.com