[meteorite-list] A new question has reared it's ugly head....

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 19:51:35 -0500

Now I know that the moon has been mapped quite extensively,
and the location of features very small have been plotted.
A short time ago, a link to a cool video showing a meteor
striking the moon, accompanied by a flash of light.
Now I wonder, has anyone done a visual of the location,
and noted a new crater there?
I don't suppose that someone got very lucky and was watching the
moon as one struck the moon, or alternately and preferred, captured a video
of said event.
The closest that I know of was the Shoemaker-Levy strike on
The Big Guy---Jupiter, which was an awesome thing to see, by
the way.
Claxton is the only meteorite strike that was witnessed close up
and in your face ( about 50 feet, give or take) that I know of.
Monahan 1998 (about the same distance) was another strike very
close to the witnesses, but I'm not sure if any of the seven kids saw it
hit.
Answers, anyone??????????
Pete IMCA 1733