[meteorite-list] Call For Footage & Photos

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:07:21 -0700

Hi everyone,

How would you like to be a part my FIRST publicly released meteorite
tribute video? I'm making a meteorite video, a kind of a tribute to all
you meteorite enthusiasts out there.

Why? well...

See August 5th was my birthday, and 1 year ago my girlfriend Jaime
bought me my first meteorite. 3 days later I started MeteoriteWatch.com,
and less than 3 weeks from that I started MeteoritesUSA.com. Since then
there's been no way to stop the ever increasing need to learn as much
about meteorites as I possibly can, build my collection and share with
the world my love for this great hobby. I want make something for you
guys that shows my appreciation for such a wonderful group of people.
I've met a lot of really great people, and most every one of you have
been way more helpful than I could ever have imagined. There are many of
you I have hunted with, met, spoken with over the phone and corresponded
with over this last year and I'm very happy to have met you guys!

This email is a call out to ALL you meteorite peoples out there... The
video is about meteorites of course, but it's more about YOU, the
meteorite community, and the hunters, collectors, dealers, and newbies
that make this community so fun. If you've got something you'd like to
share in this video please send me an email and I'll do my best to
include it when it's released. This video will not be for sale, I won't
be making anything on it. It's simply a tribute video to show my
gratitude to everyone who has helped me over this last year of absolute
fun and adventure. The growth of knowledge and the experience I've
gained is unmatched in any endeavor I've ever undertaken. I freaking
LOVE IT!

So, about the video... Let's just say it's gonna be FUN, light hearted,
and totally out there, just like the rocks we love so much. Hopefully
you guys will get a kick out of it when you see it. It will be posted on
Youtube when it's completed and I will send out an email announcement to
everyone when it's live. Anyone wanting a hard copy of the video for
their computer please let me know and I'll burn it to a CD and send you
a copy free of charge but only if you've contributed content to the
video. Can't afford to send everyone a CD, I have to spend some cash on
meteorites... ;)

Here's a list of things that can be included in the video:

Personal Meteorite Hunting Photos (preferably of you and/or your friends
in the field)
Personal Meteorite Collection Photos
Photos of Your Favorite Meteorite
Self Portrait Photos (no need for a headshot here, just a simple photo
will do) ;)
Video Footage of Hunts, Collections, Gem/Meteorite Shows Etc...

Short clips of video please... Please don't send full length DVD quality
video as I can only fit so much in the 5-10 minute video. .AVI, .MPG, or
.MOV file formats are all acceptable. If you send a photo/photos, please
make sure it's a minimum of 500 pixels wide and either .PSD, .JPG, or
.GIF format. There is no maximum limit on file size as I can edit any
file you send me. Also, I don't think I have to say this but, please
make sure you own the copyright to the footage or photo and are
authorized to give permission for it's use.

If you can think of ANYTHING else you'd like to see in the video, or
have a question, this is your chance to get it in. I'll be doing the
final edit soon. Please include your full name, and web address if any,
along with the photo or video footage you would like to have included.
All footage, photos, pictures, etc, will receive proper credits. Dealers
you are more than welcome to submit a copy/screenshot of your website as
well to be included in the video. This is basically free advertising
FOREVER for you! ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you guys...

Regards,
Eric Wichman
www.MeteoriteWatch.com
www.MeteoritesUSA.com