[meteorite-list] Lawrencite

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2008 21:03:29 UT

Hi Doug,

Hope you and Gloria are fine. We are o.k. here, especially me
now that I am a *retired* teacher and so I have all the time
in the world to do things I couldn't do when I was a teacher.
My Pauline and I, we'll start off with this year's Mineral
and Gem Show in Munich, maybe Tuscon next year, and maybe
Ensisheim next year.

No "good luck" re: Perseids so far ... it's been raining for
hours, doesn't look good tonight :-(

Regarding St. Lawrence and "lawrencite" ... no, he's not that
chloride demon. "lawrencite" refers to the American chemist John
Lawrence Smith (1818-1883) who was also a mineralogist and discovered
this reputed FeCl2 in meteorites.

Oh, oh, it has just restarted to rain heavily :-(
Let's hope you have perfect skies in Mexico!

Best from a happy
ex-teacher,

Bernd