[meteorite-list] Fw: How well can you view this?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:08:06 -0500

Hi, Tim,

Running a 2.7Ghz XP box with 1.25 gig Ram, on 3
Megabit DSL that moves at 80% capacity. With IE6 as
browser, I get 5-6 secs of video, then a long wait (15-20 sec),
then another 5-6 sec, etc, quite unlike my usual experience.
(Sometimes I get a little buffering pause at the beginning
of a big (640-720 x 480) streaming video while it arranges the
paging, but never after it gets going.) Once I let yours play
through intermittantly, it plays from my temporary folder
copy just fine, of course. Looks to me like you're not
feeding it fast enough, or maybe repeating some initial
handshake rituals unnecessarily (or something).

Tried again today, with the newer version of the animation,
and it starts to play immediately and does so smoothly,
up to the impact-on-Mars moment, whereupon it suddenly
reverts to 20 seconds of wait, five seconds of play, over
and over, until the end.

Nice fireball-on-Mars.

Sterling Webb