[meteorite-list] Meteorite Article in Sky & Telescope Magazine

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2008 21:32:33 UT

Michael Johnson asked:

"Anyone on the list know about Sky & Telescope Mag. publishing
 an article on meteorite collecting in the October 2008 issue?"

Ruben responded:

"Geoff Notkin and I have just recently completed a feature article for Sky
 and Telescope magazine. It will be fairly substantial - over 2000 words
 - and should be packed with incredible pictures of meteorites that only
 Geoff could take! The article will touch on many aspects of this great
 hobby - meteorite collecting, meteorite hunting, etc."

and also:

"S & T has also allowed us to post meteorite related text, pictures and
 video on their website - which should be up in Sept. or Oct. The article
 should reach subscribers in late Aug, and I think it will hit newsstands
 in late Sept or early Oct."

Hello Michael, Ruben, and List,

I got my September issue of S & T today and the article Ruben mentioned
will be in the *next* issue and on newsstands September 2nd.

Hunting for Space Rocks: Collecting meteorites is a
great way to touch the stars without leaving home

So don't forget to get your copy if you are not a subscriber!

Bernd (tired because he saw too many dinosaurs at the Senkenberg Museum today)