[meteorite-list] Meteor Showers and their Parent Comets

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:36:47 -0600

This book has been in print for a couple of years. What's being released
soon is the paperback edition. I bought the hardback for $110 a year ago; if
you can find it in that price range, it doesn't seem worthwhile to save just
a little for the paperback.

This is _the_ definitive book describing the origin of meteors. Although it
deals specifically with cometary sources, much of the material is applicable
to asteroidal sources (and therefore meteorites) as well. If you have a
theoretical interest in such matters, it should be in your collection.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com