[meteorite-list] STEAL OF A LIFETIME

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:03:59 -0700 (PDT)

Well Gosh congrats on yet another fantastic specimen. Wish I had seen it myself.

Yes, sometimes sellers do really stupid things: like putting no reserve on a large investment or sometimes they put a Buy-It-Now price of $1 or some other rookie play. A sharp-eyed buyer can really make the seller regret not paying closer attention. Of course it also helps to know the market 300 grams of SA _at_ .20 a gram is around $60 and @.30 a gram is $90 so sounds about right. Then again what is gram price when it comes to a really pretty specimen? Congrats on your "steel-steal-deal"

Fortunately the seller will have a chance to buy it back as what comes around on Ebay goes around on Ebay at least for some buyers/sellers. I hope to start recycling my collection soon.

Regards,
Elton