[meteorite-list] follow up on Ziz vs. new iron RFSPOD August 14

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:24:32 -0000

Dear Svend,

I have read the report of EMTT and i agree with you. I know EMTT and
Emmanuel Dransart, who performed the analyses, the purpose being just to
bring "an opinion on the metallic structure of a meteorite's fragment".
Therefore, a polished and etched surface was observed with a binocular, with
a picture showing the surface that was observed.
The picture displays "a kamacite grain with Neumann lines" and some
"silicated phases, rich in pyroxene and olivine".
The conclusion of Emmanuel Dransart is that it is an Og Octahedrite, such as
Ziz that was also studied at the same lab (EMTT). And as you said, Svend,
pairing with Ziz is not claimed, but as far as the 1st examination can tell,
their grain size are similar and it is the same type.

All the best,

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491