[meteorite-list] ebay is slow and it's everywhere

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:39:09 -0800

Hi folks,

Just had to add my feelings on ebay here. I've been complaining for 6
months. The ebay reps are nice, but always say in their canned response: "
it must be your computer that is slow, since we haven't had "any other
complaints" regarding our site!" "You should clean your cache and empty your
files and run your virus protection."

It's unfortunately the same old story from ebay and until we all stand up
together and protest I don't think they're going to do anything about it. It
might sound radical, but hey, we all need to contact them.
I've had ebay go down while loading photos or just writing a listing. I've
had to contact them because their site went down in the middle of loading a
listing and then I had to start over and it somehow had saved the previous
listing that I didn't even finish and then I had to cancel that and get a
credit for it over this weekend.
I have a 3.0-6.0 speed on my laptop and get on ebay at lunch at my office.
Believe me, every single computer I use at my office has much faster speeds
than here at home and every other website sails along smoothly, but ebay. I
know it's ebay that is slow because with the office computers taking more
than 10 seconds to go from one item to another.
Write them or call them. They will be losing business and also losing
business for us if people get fed up with trying to get on to ebay for our
auctions.

Brian Cox

IMCA # 6387

ebay ID- searchingforfun