[meteorite-list] status of NWA brachinites

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:20:53 +0100

Hi Martin,

I fully agree.

To be complete, here is what I have in my archives:

..."NWA 4969 (BRA, Algeria, tkw = 1 at 180 g) from Marcin, is paired with NWA
4882 (Algeria, from Hup?'s, BRA, tkw = 2_at_ 3096 g), but apparently not with
NWA 3151 (BRA, Hup?'s, tkw = 1 at 1500 grams), nor with NWXA 5191 (1 at 26.5 g)

With the new NWA 5471 from Heir's, this indeed makes 4 brachinites from
the "NWA" vast strewnfield.

However, in Met. Bull. database, we find the following brachinites from
"NWA", this better completing the picture:

NWA 595 (Cottingham, Morocco (?), 1 at 196 g)
NWA 3151 (Hup?'s, NWA (Morocco ?), 1 at 1500 g)
NWA 4872 (Aaronson, Algeria, 1 at 3000 g)
NWA 4874 (Aaronson, Algeria, 1 at 28 g) (can it be paired with NWA 4872 above ???)
NWA 4876 (anonymous, NWA ( Morocco ?), 1 at 130 g
NWA 4882 (G. Hup?, Algeria, 2 at 3096 g)
NWA 4969 (M. Cimala, NWA (Morocco ?), 1 at 180 g
NWA 5191 (anonymous, found in Morocco desert, 1 at 26.5, said to be paired
with NWA 3151, thus suggesting this latter was also found in Morocco

NWA 5471 (C. Heir's, Morocco (??), 1 (??)_at_538 g, paired with ???? (not yet
in Met. Bull.)
----------
Total: not copunting pairings, we find 9 different meteorite names (NWA
numbers), probably 10 separate pieces, totalling 8694,5 grams

Question: How far are these data (Met Bulll database + NWA 5471) correct
and complete ?

Who can complete, possibly remove the ???'s and add comments about
pairings, so that we all can update our archives regarding NWA brachinites?

Bernd? Greg ? Marcin ? Martin ? or Jeff ?

Thanks and best wishes,

Zelimir

A 13:40 02/12/2008 +0100, Martin Altmann a ?crit :