[meteorite-list] eBay Issues

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:46:27 -0500

Hi Brian, McKinney, Listoids:

eBay, like rock & roll, will never die. It's the greatest platform for
buying and selling meteorites the world has ever seen. Everything else too.
Before eBay, where could the Average Joe go to buy his stones? After eBay
buys Craigslist, (it already owns all the European Craigslist sites and is a
major owner of Cl) it will become the final vestige of the free enterprise
system, (along with Wal-Mart.) eBay has always had bugs, like when it
sputters when you're listing and you have to redo the auction. I use eBay
heavily daily and I haven't seen the slowdown others are talking about.
Maybe it's increased usage for the holiday season overloading and
bottlenecking the bandwith? eBay has been sort of screwing the sellers
lately, but they'll come around and realize who it is that's giving them all
that money! Just my plug nickel's worth!

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum
Lakeville, IN