[meteorite-list] Meteor Brightens Night Sky (Denver 2008.12.04)

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:40:40 -0700

Unfortunately, a snow storm was just clearing out of the area at the time,
and all the cameras that might have caught this were still clouded out. But
over 60 people have filed reports, from Utah, across Colorado, and into
Nebraska. So I can estimate the path. The meteor was fairly slow, not too
steep, and seems to have fragmented into two or three pieces. I wouldn't be
surprised if there's a new strewn field out in eastern Colorado. I've put a
map of the approximate ground path at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20081204.html

Chris

Chris L Peterson