[meteorite-list] McCartney's News from the Canadian Fall

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 21:44:52 -0800 (PST)

Man, I wish I was there, but with just returning from a 23 day expedition to the other side of the planet and going to Japan Monday, I had no chance to make it.
You say pieces are claimed 10 km away, that should be no problem, that is 6 miles, a normal strewnfield is that large, and of course, could be triple that for a truly huge fall, which this has the earmarks of. I envy you guys today though, not the cold part, but the finding of new fall stones, that gets my heart racing!
Mike