[meteorite-list] Speaking of illegal Meteorites...

From: Eduardo. <rockhoundm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 06:49:59 -0300

Argentina is getting harder in meteorites too.
Look at this news from 2 days ago (sorry, spanish only):
http://www.unoentrerios.com.ar/noticias/nota.php?id=1841
Two Uruguayans were caugth trying to smuggler meteorites from Argentina to
Uruguay. They look like Campos.
I heard there is an investigation right now the selling of illegal
meteorites on-line (Campo del Cielo, Berduc and Santa Lucia), including
web pages and auctions.
Justice here is slow, very slow, it may take years, but their files don't
dissapear.
Don't be surprised if we have investigators next Tucson looking for the
ones being sold there.
By the way, here is an article (also in spanish), made by a lawyer, about
the law.
page 1
http://www.astroentrerios.com.ar/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=160&Itemid=70
page 2